By admin | March 17, 2011
The plastic surgery initial consultation can feel like a daunting, intimidating process to many people. if you find yourself experiencing a similar fright, you are not alone. Fortunately, when approached correctly, visiting a plastic surgeon for the initial consultation can actually be quite enlightening and rewarding.
At Dr. Wilcox’s practice, prospective North Texas plastic surgery patients may anticipate a pleasant visit – a time to delve into the pros and cons of their desired procedure(s). The enhancement surgeries offered by Dr. Wilcox offer men and women beautiful, natural-looking results. However, there are various factors to consider before making a choice that could dramatically change your life. This is why the initial consultation is such an important aspect of the overall plastic surgery experience.
We recently noticed a valuable article, on EmpowHER.com, which gives a rundown of the top five things that an individual should take to a plastic surgery initial consultation:
- A list of questions – This will help to ensure that you get all of the information you need to make an informed decision.
- Photos to share – Taking sample images of what you desire will help to communicate your needs to the surgeon.
- Your medical history – if you don’t have the official records from your primary physician, be sure to bring a list of all the medications you’re taking, family medical conditions, and any health concerns.
- A notepad – even if you have a great memory, you may want to jot down notes so that you can walk away with a clear understanding of all that plastic surgery entails.
- A friend – having support and someone there who is objective can help to ease your nervousness or any anxiety you might have.