Are you sick of your saddle-bags and cellulite? do you want fit, firm, tight-looking upper legs? Who doesn’t? the natural process of weight gain, as well as recovery from extreme weight loss, can leave your upper legs saggy and unattractive. however you can get rid of the flab and get slimmer thighs with a simple plastic surgery procedure called a thigh lift.
So how do you know if this procedure is right for you?
- if you’ve just lost a lot of weight and when you sit down it looks like you’re sitting on a pair of pancakes.
- if you’ve lost a lot of muscle and now your muscles are saggy flesh deposits that sway when you walk.
- if, no matter how many salads you eat or chocolate cakes you abstain from, you still can’t keep the bulk off your upper legs.
- if you’re getting slightly older every year and gravity is starting to work its effects on your body.
- if you’ve just had gastric surgery and want to tie up a few loose ends.
- if, never mind the excuses, you just want shapely legs, you can show off in shorts, a mini skirt, or a bikini.
You be the judge. if you want better thighs for any reason at all, and are in reasonably good health, head to your local plastic surgeon and start asking lots of questions about this surgery.
The technical term for this procedure is thighplasty, and there are three kinds of surgeries. the inner lift targets the inner thigh in particular, the medial lift works on the upper portion of the inner thigh, and the bilateral one targets the front and outside of the leg. you won’t have to decide which one is for you. That’s your doctor’s job, and a good plastic surgeon will decide the combination that is best for your individual needs.
Each type of procedure involves making an incision, taking out the fat and extra tissue around the leg muscles, and then contouring and draping the skin more tightly around the muscle. the result is not only a sexier, but more elastic upper leg. This means that your legs will be more flexible, as well as look good.
The reason why dieting doesn’t work to shape thighs is that it gets rid of fat only. however lifts get rid of not only fat, but also skin and other tissue. Skin is the main enemy here. It’s the leftover, saggy skin that makes you embarrassed to put on those hot pants. some doctors will recommend a little liposuction to go along with the lift.
Recovery takes anywhere from one to two months, depending on how extensive the operation is. you can expect to be moving around and living a mostly normal life again in just a few days. you will have to wait longer before you can start running, exercising and doing anything else rigorous. There is always some bruising, pain and swelling, but it’s worth it for the wonderful results.
The results are sexier and more elastic legs. it feels good to be in shape again. if you are thinking about getting a thigh lift, go to your local plastic surgeon for a consultation today.