In this article we are going to look at some fundamental questions you should ask when comparing breast implant prices. if you don’t ask these questions you could end up paying too much for your procedure or you could end up getting the wrong breast implant.
If however you do ask these questions you will be able to make a better, more informed decision about your breast implants and ancillary procedures with it. By asking these questions you will save yourself money, time, and possibly repeat procedures as well.
Here are the questions you should ask when comparing breast implant prices
1. what type of implants does your surgeon have and what are the pros and cons of each type of implants?
2. Whether there are any knows risks associated with the implants and what are precautions that have been taken to avoid or mitigate these risks?
3. what is the investment of each of these implants?
4. what are the warranties on the implant and whether these warranties will cover additional procedures if required?
5. Does this price include additional surgery related expenses including the following
- Hospital stay
- Surgical facility fees
- Prescriptions and medications
- Post surgery garments
- Medical tests fees and
- Other miscellaneous costs
6. what are financing options available and whether financing is through a third party or in house by the surgeon?
7. How procedure is performed and who will be involved in the procedure?
8. what are some post operative procedures and how long will the post-op stay have to be?
9. Whether travelling arrangements to and from the facility is going to be a significant cost, this is a question you should ask yourself to gauge between different facilities?
Often time when patients are comparing breast implant prices they just look at the basic cost of the implants and not the costs associated with getting implant. While implants themselves are a major investment, however without considering the costs associated with surgery (including medication, tests, hospital stay, facilities charges, etc.) can be significant.
Asking some of these fundamental questions will ensure that your surgery goes smoothly and that you don’t have any surprise payments after getting your breast implant.
So go ahead and write down the top five questions from above, and if you have already scheduled your appointment, call up your cosmetic breast surgeon to ask him / her about them. if you are still sitting on the sidelines considering whether to get an appointment, remember to ask your plastic surgeon the above five questions.