Tummy Tuck has become one of the most sought after procedures now- a-days. each one of us wants to have a flat washboard abdomen for a perfect body shape.
Tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is a surgery used to make the stomach more firm and taut by removing the extra fat and skin from the abdominal area. it tightens the loose abdominal muscles thus removes the stretch marks and loose hanging skin from the abdomen.
Owing to the fact that more and more people are opting for cosmetic surgery procedures, people from all walks of life are undergoing tummy tuck surgery now –a – days. British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPs) statistics indicate an upsurge in Tummy Tuck in UK by 7.2% in the year 2011 as compared from 2010 statistics. also, there has been a significant rise in the “Male Tummy Tuck” outnumbering all other cosmetic procedures (including breast enhancement).
In the year 2010, The American Society of plastic surgeons’ statistics reveals that over 150,000 people underwent tummy tuck. also tummy tuck surgery saw an increase in number by 1% from the year 2009 and was ranked among the top five cosmetic surgery procedures in USA. The cosmetic surgery has gained popularity in the countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Italy etc.
The Step by Step Procedure
Following are the steps involved while performing a Tummy Tuck Surgery
1. Incision – an incision is made above the pubic region. after this incision, another incision is made to free the naval from surrounding skin.
2. Removal of excess skin from the upper abdomen – The skin is detached revealing the muscles and tightening the fascia.
3. Closures of incisions – The incisions are closed by skin adhesives, tapes and clips.
Benefits and Risks of Tummy Tuck Surgery
There are many benefits of getting a tummy tuck procedure with minimal risks involved with the surgery.
The benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery are:
· Enhancement in body contours by making the stomach more firm and flatter. The surgery gives more youthful body contours.
· Removal of excess skin and fat deposits owing to old age, pregnancy and obesity.
· Removal of stretch marks and scars.
· Tightening of the abdominal muscles by means of a vertical fold in the middle.
· Resolution of pre-existing problems such as hernia or eventrations.
· The effects of surgery are long-lasting for many years unless one gains significant amount of weight or after pregnancy.
Considered as a safe procedure, the risks associated with the surgery are easily avoided if patient carefully follows the instructions given by the surgeons.
The common risks associated with tummy tuck surgery are often the same as with any other surgical procedure. some of the associate risks are – Bleeding, fluid accumulation, numbness, skin discoloration etc.
Low Cost Tummy Tuck Surgery in India
Tummy Tuck surgery is now available at best of the hospitals at low cost in India. with boom in medical tourism industry in India, people from USA, UK, Canada are now coming to India for getting cosmetic surgery done at state-of-the art hospitals in India. The technology available in these hospitals is not only excellent but the surgeons who perform the surgery are board – certified and highly skilled.
The medical tourism companies not only plan your travel but also help you choose the best of hospitals and amenities in India. these companies also provide cosmetic holidays at affordable prices at best of the resorts in India.